- GeoS Date Navigator ADDON
- GeoS Show Category ADDON
- Related pictures
- Mass Categories Edit
- GeoS Gravatar Comments
- No spam in comments
- Clean URLs (Search Engine Friendly URLs)
- GeoS I’am watching it ADDON
- Thumbnails Re-generator ADDON
- GeoS Galleries ADDON
This addon gives you possibility to navigate through images using dates of publication.
Big thanks for Jay Williams for support in first tests.
Just unpack files from directories within package to corespondent directories at your blog (watch out to not overwrite .htaccess if you have such already!!!).Then patch /index.php file using short description inside /index.php.geos_date_nav_patch.php.Then make sure that for mod_rewrite functionality you have .htaccess file in main directory of Pixelpost installation and it have inside line like:
If you have empty .htaccess or you even don’t have then it is enough to upload this one from package to main directory of Pixelpost installation.
There is also unix.htaccess file – same file as .htaccess but by dafault it is also visible on Unix/Linux/MacOS Operating Systems in compare to files
with names starting from dot.
After all you should configure addon. There are two variables:
$dn_modrewrite – for switching between mod_rewrite mode enabled/disabled
$dn_withseconds – for switching between full date/time support and short form (remember that using short one will skip images which have same date and will show only one of them!!!)
At last step there is enough to put into your template file correct code.
Go to /templates/name_of_your_template/images_template.html
Open it in normal text editor (no Word and so one, just Notepad, EditPad Pro or any other plain text editor).
Put into this file example code (version with disabled mod_rewrite):
<a href=”index.php?<DN_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_LINK>”>PREV IMG</a> <a href=”index.php?<DN_IMAGE_CURRENT_LINK>”><img src=”/templates/name_of_your_template/current_img_path.jpg” height=”20″ width=”30″ border=”0″/></a> <a href=”index.php?<DN_IMAGE_CURRENT_LINK>”>CURRENT IMAGE ONCE MORE</a> <a href=”index.php?<DN_IMAGE_NEXT_LINK>”>NEXT IMAGE</a>
And version for mod rewrite:
<a href=”/<DN_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_LINK>”>PREV IMG</a> <a href=”/<DN_IMAGE_CURRENT_LINK>”><img src=”/templates/name_of_your_template/current_img_path.jpg” height=”20″ width=”30″ border=”0″/></a> <a href=”/<DN_IMAGE_CURRENT_LINK>”>CURRENT IMAGE ONCE MORE</a> <a href=”/<DN_IMAGE_NEXT_LINK>”>NEXT IMAGE</a><br/><br/>
In both cases this should produce 3 text links for previous, current and next pictures and one image link to current picture.
<DN_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_LINK> – gives part of link to previous image (just part of it for sure needed for addons proper work)
<DN_IMAGE_NEXT_LINK> – gives part of link to next image (just part of it for sure needed for addons proper work)
<DN_IMAGE_CURRENT_LINK> – gives part of link to current image (just part of it for sure needed for addons proper work)
* added new file called linux.htaccess for all of users for who .htaccess is
invisible (all Unix/Linux/MacOS systems by default treat such files
as invisible) – thx to Jay Williams
* now addon generates just part of links for more flexible usage (it solves
problem of absolute URLs and some other things) – thx to Jay Williams
* this is initial revision; have fun using it
This addon gives you possibility to watch images on front page within choosen category.
To do so you need to add extra variable to standard URL – category=CAT_ID.
I.e. URL should look like http://piotrgalas.com/index.php?showimage=100&category=10 – this will give you possibility to watch only images from caterogy with ID = 10
For URLs without specified category variable it works normally just like standard Pixelpost.
Example site is below in DEMO section.
Plugin inspreated by jdleung needs – thx [Smile]
Just copy it to addons directory. Then add proper tags to your image_template.html and browse_template.html files and thats all.
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_ID> – gives ID of previous image
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_NAME> – gives filename of previous image
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_TITLE> – gives title of previous image
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_DATETIME> – gives date and time of previous image
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_DATETIME_FORM> – gives formated date and time of previous image
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_LINK> – gives link to previous image (just first part of HTML code – <a href=…>)
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_LINK_TXT> – gives text link to previous image (linked Previous text from localization file)
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_ID> – gives ID of next image
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_NAME> – gives filename of next image
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_TITLE> – gives title of next image
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_DATETIME> – gives date and time of next image
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_DATETIME_FORM> – gives formated date and time of next image
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_LINK> – gives link to next image (just first part of HTML code – <a href=…>)
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_LINK_TXT> – gives text link to next image (linked Next text from localization file)
<SC_CAT_ID> – gives ID of current category
<SC_CAT_NAME> – gives name of current category
<SC_BROWSE_CATEGORY> – gives form with selectable category
<SC_THUMBNAILS> – gives thumbnails with it’s category in link for browse_template
<SC_THUMBNAILS_NAV> – gives page navigation through thumbnails in browse_template
<SC_THUMB_ROW> – gives thumbnails row for image_template (if THUMBNAILROW in admin section is even then it’s value will be incement by 1)
<SC_THUMB_ROW_REV> – gives thumbnails row, in reversed order, for image_template (if THUMBNAILROW in admin section is even then it’s value will be incement by 1
<SC_CATEGORY_LINKS_AS_LIST_PAGED> – gives list of categories linked to the newest image in category
<SC_IMAGE_NEXT_THUMB_NAME> – gives back filename of next thumbnail
<SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_THUMB_NAME> – gives back filename of previous thumbnail
Addon & download page:
People ask where they can see it online. Right now I dont know any place where current version is running BUT very similar to this release you can see at Vernon Trents site. The only difference is that its one month old and released in unofficial way, especially for him.
Take a look: http://www.xoverip.info/pb/
* Fixed one condition from which depends proper work of some tags (thx KArin)
* Fixed alternative language support (thx KArin)
* New tag – – gives the list with links to categories redirecting to the newest image in selected cat. It shows also the number of images in bracket. (thx to Vernon Trent for inspiration)
* Now there is no need to set any configuration inside addon code – all data are stored in DB.
* Added support of bilingual category names – based on Pixelpost 1.6 (thx goes to luxtom)
* Added tags for filename of next and previous thumbnail – and (this time thx also goes to luxtom)
* New version checkup mechanism
* Tags support
* Fix of bug (thx to austriaka – http://forum.pixelpost.org/)
* fixed buggy redirection to the first image (now it doesnt redirect to images from future set)
* fixed another bug with for first IF statement
* small code optimization
* fixed bug with link to “next” subpage in browse template (thx to budgie)
* finally finished full multicategory show support (now it also works where user is going from browse template to image template)
* now archive has got sample template using all features of addon
* fixed bug with images not ordered descending by date in one of cases in browse mode
* fixed bug of not showing thumbnails in browse_template (thx to ullmannn)
* fixed bug of incorrect version numbering
* at first here it is – new method of version numbering as I’m currently using SVN in my development process
* all who use this addon also in archives now they can use paging support – there is 1 new tag <SC_THUMBNAILS_NAV> which gives page navigation through thumbnails in browse_template
* now inside selectable list with categories active one is marked
* all unique elements visible in HTML code have own ID or class (if there is more same elements)
* as some of users were saying about problems with chr(10) at ends of lines now there isn’t such solutions
* as archive now supports links with multiple categories next point on TODO list is to add such support in image preview mode (currenly there is no way to go from archive and watch just selected categories straight from it; there is such option only at start watching images from image preview navigation)
* 2 new tags <SC_THUMB_ROW> and <SC_THUMB_ROW_REV> which gives option to put row of thumbnails with same category as current; there is additional configuration variable $sc_th_row for enable/disable this future
* fix SQL query for categories dropdown list which now does not give option to go to image which is not public available (thx RobbieMc)
* tags which are not anymore present: <SC_IMAGE_NAME>, <SC_IMAGE_TITLE>, <SC_IMAGE_ID>, <SC_IMAGE_DATETIME>, <SC_IMAGE_DATETIME_FORMATTED>, <SC_IMAGE_NOTES>, <SC_IMAGE_NOTES_CLEAN>, <SC_IMAGE_NOTES_NO_MARKDOWN>, <SC_IMAGE_WIDTH>, <SC_IMAGE_HEIGHT>, <SC_IMAGE_THUMB_WIDTH>, <SC_IMAGE_THUMB_HEIGHT>, <SC_IMAGE_CATEGORY>
* now there are comments to code
* now previous & next title when are empty are set with proper text for it – No Previous Image & No Next Image (thx to RobbieMc)
* code for showing first image in category (when URL has got only category variable in query string) is optimized – instead of additional SQL querys and code for additional tags there is redirect to show image in “standard” way; this makes enable EXIF and whole rest of futures which were available before installing this addon and before case which we are talking in this point
* starting from this version there is archive to previous version for people who wants to get older versions (from many reasons) – this will be a standard for all my new developed addons
* Added new tags for description of current image: <SC_IMAGE_NAME>, <SC_IMAGE_TITLE> <SC_IMAGE_ID>, <SC_IMAGE_DATETIME>, <SC_IMAGE_DATETIME_FORMATTED>, <SC_IMAGE_NOTES>, <SC_IMAGE_NOTES_CLEAN>, <SC_IMAGE_NOTES_NO_MARKDOWN>, <SC_IMAGE_WIDTH>, <SC_IMAGE_HEIGHT>, <SC_IMAGE_THUMB_WIDTH>, <SC_IMAGE_THUMB_HEIGHT>
* Added new tag <SC_IMAGE_CATEGORY> for category list to which belongs current image
* Added new tag <SC_THUMBNAILS> for browser template usage with all futures available in my addon; there is additional configuration variable $sc_browse_cat for enable/disable this future (thx for inspiaration to RobbieMc)
* Now tag <SC_CAT_NAME> is set to “every category” when we are not watching one of available categories (thx to RobbieMc)
* Added new tags <SC_IMAGE_PREVIOUS_DATETIME_FORM> and <SC_IMAGE_NEXT_DATETIME_FORM> for formated date of previous and next image
* Added new tag <SC_BROWSE_CATEGORY> which gives form with selectable category (thx for inspiaration to RobbieMc)
* Added configuration variables inside script which tell if code for form with selectable category should be executed (for this who dont use this form it will speed up addon) and if you want to get current image ID under sc_image_next_id or sc_image_previous_id when you are watching image at one of ends (once more time thx to RobbieMc)
* Added new tag for category ID <SC_CAT_ID> (thx RobbieMc).
* Bugfix of next links problem (thx jdleung)
* First public version
This addon gives option of building related pictures list under image.
I.e. you were in zoo and shoot 3 pictures. Thanks to this addon you can “connect” each picture with the rest which is already published at your Pixelpost. Live example you can find here http://blog.piotrgalas.com/photo/271/Too_fast_too_crazy/ in COMMENTS (X) & NOTES section. It uses tag: <RELATED_IMG>
It works ONLY WITH Pixelpost 1.5 BETA1 or NEWER.
Addon & download page:
Just extract archive. After it go to addon page at admin side (at this moment there is SQL installation executed) and thats all. Have fun [Wink]
* first here it is – new method of version numbering as I’m currently using SVN in my development process
* fixed small bugs that was making problems with showing overlib and updated to new name of workspace used at admin panel
* new URL with live example
* Fixed bug which gived option to watch images queued for future
* Now overlib effect is wider and thumbnails are centered
* Added configuration variable for overlib on front side – now you can decide if you want to use overlib on front or not.
* Added configuration variable for Related Images list order – now you can choose between id, headline and datetime order (ascending or descending).
* Added configuration variable thanks for which you can decide if you want make relation in both directions – picture a is related with picture b and reverse or only picture a is related with picture b.
* All of this variables have predefined settings to start up without any problems.
* Added usage of overlib on front side to make preview of related images thumbnails.
* Bugfix of the small problem of not displaying thumbnails with spaces in file names (admin_related.php).
* Bugfix of the small problem with displaying RELATED IMAGES text for non existing related images (thx spipasucci).
* Bugfix of admin_related.php <FORM> path. Now it should save relations and all data without making it empty
This addon was tested under PP 1.5 CVS version. That is why I can’t guarantee that it works properly under other(lower) PP versions.
It have multiply choice category and image change functionality. You can also sort image list in few ways.
Addon & download page:
Displays gravatars (http://www.gravatar.com/) in comments.
It works under 1.4.2 (at this version was tested) with need of modificated /index.php and /includes/addons_lib.php upload. Current Pixelpost version (1.5dev) needs only addon file.
It use <gravatar_comments> tag.
This addon gives you possibility to fight with comment spam.
In your image_template.html template file find something more or less like
<form method=”post” action=”index.php?x=save_comment” name=”commentform” accept-charset=”UTF-8″> tag and replace it with <nsc_form_tag> (which is used for this addon).
Next step is to put
<nsc_form_key_input_tag> – input tag with security key to put in form
<nsc_form_key> – just security key
<nsc_form_tag> – complete <form> tag which is used for this addon
About & download:
PS This is first version and very simply. I need some free time to add CAPTCHA functionality, prevention against to often comments and many more. Maybe at weekend Ill find it 😛
This addon gives you possibility to overwrite image navigation links (previous, current, next, permalink) with Clean URLs (Search Engine Friendly URLs).To work properly it needs in head section code with your blog URL:
<base href=”http://your_blog_url/” />
I.e. you can have links like this: http://blog.piotrgalas.com/archive.php/1/image_description/09_03_01:26:58
PS Live demo:
GeoS “I’am watching it” ADDON gives you two new tags:
- The first of them – <GEOS_IAWI_LIST> – gives list of (photo)blogs you are watching/reading. It’s using CSS class geos_iawi_rnd for link.
- The second one – <GEOS_IAWI_RANDOM_LINK> – gives random link from your list of (photo)blogs. It’s using CSS class geos_iawi_lst for each link.
It’s enough to edit content of $geos_iawi_links array inside addon file!
About & download:
Re-generate selected thumbnails
This addon re-generate thumbnails from selected range.
Remember that to many selected images can return script timeout as the result.
About & download:
* romoved some debug data
This addon gives you option to show link on the image page to the related gallery (if you have such). You can open link in the same window or in the new one. It gives you one new tag:
- <PGA_GALLERY_LINK> – it produce full link to gallery () in optional new window or an empty link () if there is no gallery definition for image
About & download:
* Added checking if there are data to store